Print thread view
QLD Nissan Patrol 4WD Club Inc. | Visitors & Registered Users | General Chat
Author ARB High flow twin pump air compressor
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 01-04-2012 12:15
Guy's,
Has anyone in the club purchased an Arb high flow twin pump compressor, If so what's your thoughts on the flow rates and amperage draw.

Currently have the pump supplied with lockers mounted under bonet and think the cfm output is poor. I think I need to upgrade, has anyone any arb contact names.

Whitey
http://basti2web.de Send Private Message
Author RE: ARB High flow twin pump air compressor
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 24-09-2012 19:09
i dont kno much about them but u should purchase a set and upload ur findings I dare say their will be a massive improvement.
klanger

Posted on 27-09-2012 23:09
I think no matter what, if the pump is electric you will find the output somewhat poor especially if you are filling large tyres. I have a Big Red air compressor and it is rated at 4cfm.

I use it for compressed air only and the lockers are supplied by an original ARB compressor under the bonnet. They are ok.

If you are looking for decent out put then you might want to look at the Endless Air product, a belt driven compressor. There are some members in the club that will be able to help you out with this one.

If your using the compressed air for anything other than filling tyres than a decent sized storage tank will help your cause.

Kurt
Ghost

Posted on 28-09-2012 17:17
Whitey i made my own endless air and brackets to suit a TD42, i also have brackets etc to suit a Petrol 6 cruiser and a TB42. I can give you details on how to make your own if you like. The belt driven compressor does around 8CFM
klanger

Posted on 01-10-2012 22:01
I wouldn't mind looking at the details to make your own. One day I might get around to putting it together, then I just have to work out where to fit it under the hood.

Kurt
Ghost

Posted on 02-10-2012 07:14
No probs will catch up next meeting
klanger

Posted on 04-10-2012 22:32
Good luck with that. I'm like your alias name (Ghost) Just ask the Breen's or Andy.
Ghost

Posted on 05-10-2012 11:26
OK smiley
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 22-06-2014 15:50
I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Arb high flow portable twin pump compressor, after saving the pennies. I tell you I am totally impressed, run cycle is less due to the in built air tank housed in the pelican case.