Print thread view
QLD Nissan Patrol 4WD Club Inc. | Visitors & Registered Users | General Chat
Author Logan Pine Forest - Off Limits
Anthony Brown

Posted on 02-10-2014 08:20
Please all note the following article written in Jimboomba Times Newspaper. 4wd QLD has also issued a warning to all clubs - DO NOT GO IN THERE.

http://www.jimboombatimes.com.au/story/2591866/youve-been-warned-police-crack-down-on-trespassers-at-yarrabilba/?cs=3383

As I have mentioned in the past - The Motley Crew 4wd Club have been working with the Ranger in that area and they have exclusive access at the moment for fencing and cleaning up. If they can see the good that clubs are doing they may allow other clubs to access the area in the future. Don't hold your breath though!

Anthony Brown "BROWNIE"
Author RE: Trespassing.
AndyD

Posted on 02-10-2014 09:15
Anthony Brown wrote:
Please all note the following article written in Jimboomba Times Newspaper. 4wd QLD has also issued a warning to all clubs - DO NOT GO IN THERE.

http://www.jimboombatimes.com.au/story/2591866/youve-been-warned-police-crack-down-on-trespassers-at-yarrabilba/?cs=3383

As I have mentioned in the past - The Motley Crew 4wd Club have been working with the Ranger in that area and they have exclusive access at the moment for fencing and cleaning up. If they can see the good that clubs are doing they may allow other clubs to access the area in the future. Don't hold your breath though!

Respect for other peoples property seems to be another idea left by the wayside in our current way of life, perhaps confiscation of the deliberate offending vehicles may be the answer in such cases.
A private property sign should be ample warning to all drivers, unfortunately such signs are not always provided, was Bellthorpe a case in point?
I may be wrong, but didn't we also wind up on private property during a day drive whilst camped at the equestrian training ground at Girard State Forest in NSW. some years back?
Appropriate signage has to be on hand to prevent these innocent mistakes.
Sporting the club sticker on the rear windows is the barometer by which I feel sure we all abide as proud members. It is always on show.