Print thread view
QLD Nissan Patrol 4WD Club Inc. | Visitors & Registered Users | General Chat
Author Excellent Turnoutfor the 1st 2015 General Meeting
AndyD

Posted on 20-01-2015 12:02
I am sure I'm not the only one who was impressed by the excellent turnout last night at our first GM for 2015.

To see so many new faces, is a sure sign that QNPC is alive and well. I am hoping those visitors who attended last night will avail themselves of the opportunity to attend a DAP, as soon as possible. The next one is 21st/22nd February.

The main benefit is to learn, as we all have, from members who so willingly give of their time, to ensure safe driving on and off road, is at the forefront of our thoughts whilst behind the wheel.

Our trips co-ordinator for this year, has already been quite active in organising a selection of activities, which we need to support to the best of our abilities.
The very best way to meet and make friends, with the sort of people who will NEVER leave you stuck by yourself, when that unforseen item breaks on your 4wd and spoils your day.

I can speak with experience on that regard, and I know of many other clubbers
who will concur, as most of us have broken down, from time to time.

How many of you signed up to help out at Simon Christies Expo at Manly in March ? If you can spare a few hours, over the 3 day period, it is an ideal opportunity to promote our club, and hopefully interest new members.

We have the Borumba deer farm camping weekend up at Imbil next weekend. it's a place young kids will have a ball, with feeding the deer, high on the list of must do items. A rubber inner tube will not go astray, or even a canoe, with the current heat I am sure the creek will be crowded.

Thankfully the off road drive opportunities abound for people such as myself, once threatened with arrest for wearing speedos at a public swimming venue. The excellent Recce report by the Trips Co-ordinator shows many scenic tracks for those who will leave the swimming hole to the kids, and muddy up the car instead.

The Double Island clean up 28th Feb to 1st Mar looks to be a great trip. I was last there on J and D's trip, some years ago, I will definitely be keen on this one, two convoys have now been reduced to the one, hope you can join the fun.

The Brooklyn trip is on 14/15 March, followed by another DAP 21/22 March, hopefully attended by new members recruited at the Manly Expo 7/8 March. The latter may well be possible if we can present a good display at Manly with many willing members donating their time.

Janowen Hills is also a strong contender for those keen on camping with great likeminded people, and that is at Easter 3rd-to 6th April.

So 2015 is looking to be a busy one, so be sure to get involved and attend as many functions as you can, the fun just never stops.

Cheers.
Author RE: Excellent Turnoutfor the 1st 2015 General Meeting
Anthony Brown

Posted on 20-01-2015 16:57
I wasn't at the meeting but I was wondering if we would get an influx of visitors as I ran a post on Facebook to promote our meetings. We have been receiving a lot of likes and interest in our fb page so this could generate new membership.

Anthony Brown "BROWNIE"
Author RE: Excellent Turnoutfor the 1st 2015 General Meeting
AndyD

Posted on 20-01-2015 18:51
Anthony Brown wrote:
I wasn't at the meeting but I was wondering if we would get an influx of visitors as I ran a post on Facebook to promote our meetings. We have been receiving a lot of likes and interest in our fb page so this could generate new membership.

Hi Ants, I was having similar thoughts and that's why I placed my above thread in the Visitors public section, as you know full access is only available to paid up members. Visitors don't get to read much about the club. I know of some clubs who allow outsiders to view their photo albums and trip reports.
The Bundaberg club can be seen via the web and I think River City does like wise. I am quite aware of the inherrant dangers which may present, past problems not forgotten.

How else can you sell the club? FB seems to be the favourite of many people so let's see if you get some interest via that medium. Missed you at the pub on Sunday.
Cheers.