Print thread view
QLD Nissan Patrol 4WD Club Inc. | Visitors & Registered Users | General Chat
Author Fittting a hiclone
rlechner

Posted on 28-03-2016 13:44
Can anyone help this chap with this question...is there any info. in your club about fitting a Hiclone into a 4.2 TDI GU
patrol....
Author RE: Fittting a hiclone
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 02-04-2016 20:38
I googled it cause I didn't know what a Hiclone was. Its a fuel saving unit installed in the air intake that swirls the air so you get a more efficient burn in the engine. Interesting....

Website https://www.hicloneqld.com/installation/:
Hiclone Installation
Open the bonnet, remove the engine cover if you have one and give me (John Riley) a call if your unsure where they go. 1800 683 466 or 07 4038 3102, in most cases all our products are very easy to install.
Be sure the arrows are pointing with the air flow into the engine or turbo and use gloves as they are very sharp in places.

For best results place one Hiclone 50 to 100mm (2 to 4 inches) back from the throttle body or inlet manifold, install a second Hiclone at the air filter end of the pipe, if installing 2x units into the same pipe you need approx 100mm or more between the 2x units.

Because of the de-coking effect and computer re-calculating it take time before you feel the full effects of Hiclone, usually after 200 Klm�s approx. you�ll start to feel a little difference which gets better with time.

Carburettor/Throttle Body Injection Type
Remove wing nut from the air cleaner housingLift top off to expose the air filter elementInstall the Hiclone. Reinstall the air cleaner top, and that's it!

Fuel Injection/E.F.I. & Diesel Type
Remove Air Inlet Hose between Throttle Body and Air Filter BoxInstall Hiclone unit making sure it is snug & tightly fitted inside the Inlet HoseRefit Inlet Hose & secure clamp
http://basti2web.de Send Private Message
Author RE: Hiclones
ellis

Posted on 03-04-2016 19:07
If I remember correctly they were around a few years ago with some of the club members fitting them with not really good results. In fact thought results were not worth the effort.