Print thread view
QLD Nissan Patrol 4WD Club Inc. | Visitors & Registered Users | Club News
Author CLUB OUTINGS
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 16-10-2013 17:35
I've just joined as a country member, living at Buderim on the Sunshine Coast. I'm wondering how I get to know about future club outings as I'm a bit reluctant to take the 3-4 hour round trip to attend the monthly meeting. I've had a cruise around the website and haven't located future activities apart from reference to the monthly meeting.
I've just fitted out a new diesel tray back to carry my Trayon camper. The 4.2 GU turbo did a fabulous job over the 10 years since my retirement, Only time I had to back off was when the front shocks gave out at Well 33 on the Canning Stock route and I hightailed it out to Port Headland to replace them. If the new Patrol performs as well I'll be happy. I'm interested to see how this one goes in the tough stuff.
Thanks in anticipation, David Hope
http://basti2web.de Send Private Message
Author RE: CLUB OUTINGS
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 20-10-2013 09:34
Hi Dave,
If you run your mouse over the dates on the "Events Calendar", on the LHS of this web page, the trips should come up. Then navigate your way around from there.
Cheers,
Col.

This user has been deleted!
AndyD

Posted on 20-10-2013 10:05
fullview wrote:
I've just joined as a country member, living at Buderim on the Sunshine Coast. I'm wondering how I get to know about future club outings as I'm a bit reluctant to take the 3-4 hour round trip to attend the monthly meeting. I've had a cruise around the website and haven't located future activities apart from reference to the monthly meeting.
I've just fitted out a new diesel tray back to carry my Trayon camper. The 4.2 GU turbo did a fabulous job over the 10 years since my retirement, Only time I had to back off was when the front shocks gave out at Well 33 on the Canning Stock route and I hightailed it out to Port Headland to replace them. If the new Patrol performs as well I'll be happy. I'm interested to see how this one goes in the tough stuff.
Thanks in anticipation, David Hope

Hi David,
My name is Andy, and I have been with the club about 6 years, and also retired. To actually access the registered members section, and not just as a visitor, is possible only after joining. This was decided, only after the site was damaged by some malicious type who created major problems for our IT people. The usual story, a few clowns make it their main aim in life, to upset as many normal people as possible.
Once a bona fide member, the calendar on the left of screen tells of all the coming events, by clicking on the respective dates, or you can go to the coming trips sections.

Our webmaster will allow access only after membership. I am sorry this is the only way you can see our full website. We also have a Facebook site if you would like to try that medium. I hope this will not deter you.

Cheers Andy D
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 21-10-2013 15:59
Thanks Col and Andy looks like my membership status has not been entered into the system as currently the activities button is not appearing. I'll look at it over the next few days and hopefully I can get access in the not too distant future. Cheers David
AndyD

Posted on 21-10-2013 23:59
fullview wrote:
Thanks Col and Andy looks like my membership status has not been entered into the system as currently the activities button is not appearing. I'll look at it over the next few days and hopefully I can get access in the not too distant future. Cheers David

Hi David,
You now have access to all but committee members information. Our webmaster activated the appropriate codes tonight.
You are very welcome to check out what we get up to as a club, and also to drop in if you are able, prospective members always welcome. We sometimes camp in the Amamoor, Kenilworth areas and that may suit your needs if camping floats your boat.
Most Club trips are on the southside as the majority of members live in that region.

Cheers Andy D.
A_Deleted_User

Posted on 22-10-2013 07:19
I do have the access now, thanks for tour help. Could you give me further info re the DAP coming up this weekend. As a new member it looks like I should attend. Questions are where does it go, do we camp out Saturday night, what meals are required, when and where does it finish. Any info appreciated. David
AndyD

Posted on 22-10-2013 08:51
fullview wrote:
I do have the access now, thanks for tour help. Could you give me further info re the DAP coming up this weekend. As a new member it looks like I should attend. Questions are where does it go, do we camp out Saturday night, what meals are required, when and where does it finish. Any info appreciated. David

Hi David,
You are on the ball this morning, as you will have seen the group meets at Station Rd opposite the JNS Park Samford at 8.00 am for an 8.30. departure next Saturday 26/10/13. Our DAP training grounds are a mere 10 minutes away from there near Mt Samson. We rarely mention the actual address online for obvious reasons. The short trip there is also a first taste for some, in Convoy procedure.
A private property, accessible to campertrailers, and small to medium off road caravans.
Tents and swags are an easy option for a one night campover.

Rudimentary vehicle checks must include rated recovery points front and rear, also a rated snatch strap, and bow shackles, hand held or car mounted radio for convoy direction and instruction.

The trainers will run you through a talk on all manner of 4x4 related safety, rudimentary maintenance, tyre issues, recovery, hill stalls and starts, before a practical session on the items just named. Strong enclosed footware and a pair of stout leather gloves, are a requirement to take part in this course.

We usually have a campfire however in the current state of affairs this may not happen. We do have 2 showers and an old rentaloo on site.
Bring some drinking water, food for morn/tea, lunch, tea, brekky, morn/tea/lunch.

It is a pleasant, secluded spot to camp over, and the sunday is usually taken up with a drive in convoy along some of our preformed tracks, this is mainly to demonstrate safe travel with others, and form convoy procedure in your mind.
A most important aspect of being in a large club.

The weekend usually finishes around midday. I have never heard a single detrimental remark about the content of these training weekends, and I have attended many, you will enjoy yourself. Other guests are also welcome. We are trying to encourage current members to attend these training weekends to accomplish some track maintenance, a constant task.

I hope this has given you sufficient info to whet your appetite. If you have any further queries. Just drop a line in the web as you have been.
Cheers Andy D.
Anthony Brown

Posted on 24-10-2013 08:33
David
I cannot add anything more as Andy has explained it very well. However, if you are attending the DAP this weekend it would be best to call Noel Kanofski on 0400 708 799 as he will be the trainer leading the DAP this weekend. Let him know you are planning to attend and he will give you the full run down.
Thanks
Anthony.

Anthony Brown "BROWNIE"